Stand Up For Nature is an alliance of conservation groups dedicated to improving protection for nature in NSW. Member groups include:
We are committed to protecting nature in NSW and are actively encouraging the NSW government to do what is necessary to stop wildlife extinctions and loss of our bushland.
A New Deal For Nature
In September 2015, we launched our vision for a New Deal For Nature, which includes these top 10 requirements.
- Legislate a clear commitment to improving outcomes for nature
- Create a level playing field for all development
- Ensure important habitat is off limits to development
- Strengthen biodiversity offsetting rules
- Invest in reliable and timely vegetation mapping
- Close the loopholes that allow under-the-radar clearing
- Ensure clear requirements for regional planning
- Invest in private land conservation
- Ensure there is rigorous monitoring, compliance and enforcement
- Provide sufficient resources to About Us do the job properly
Download the full report here.